Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does a frameless shower enclosure cost?
-The cost of a new shower enclosure will vary depending on the glass thickness, the type of shower door, hardware desired and other factors. Generally speaking, the cost ranges from $1200 to $2500 for most standard shower enclosures.
2. Which is better a hinged door or by-pass sliding door?
-Both hinged doors and sliding doors have advantages. A sliding door does not require any additional space between the shower and a vanity or toilet to open making it a convenient option for tighter spaces. A hinged door does not take up any additional room inside the shower itself making it a good option for more open bathrooms where the shower may be smaller.
3. What are the advantages of a frameless shower door over a framed shower door?
-Frameless shower doors provide simple yet elegant and clean lines which enhance the look of most showers. Framed shower doors are more economical but may make the shower space look smaller.
4. How long does it take to install the new shower glass?
-Installation times vary based on the type of glass and amount of glass being installed but a typical shower door installation takes about 1/2 day. Proper sealing of the shower before use takes about 24 hours.
5. How do you clean the shower glass? There are many products used to clean shower glass doors however an effective economical cleaner is distilled white vinegar. Using a spray bottle, spray the distilled vinegar onto the glass and let it soak for several minutes. Then using a sponge or scrub brush, wipe the vinegar solution back and forth and then wipe with a clean paper towel. Any remaining residue can be removed with a microfiber cloth.
6. Should I be concerned about shower glass rusting?
7. What kind of coatings are applied to the shower glass?